Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Steev RamsDell responds:

Good Morning, Gavin!

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

Have you wiped the blood off of yours?

Actually, it was not that bad. "Just a flesh wound." I'm reminded of the scene in the movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Actually, thank you for the amount of fairness that you did extend to me.

Now, to clear up the residency issue.

Brad and Pamela Rae Sachs' home in Eden Prairie is my legal residence. I receive my personal mail there. I am a registered voter there. I rent a room there. I keep my clothing, some furniture, electronics and other personal items there. I even sleep there, sometimes.

And there, is the reason for the response you received when you visited and spoke with Brad. I hardly ever see Brad. Pamela Rae, I see every couple of days. Pamela is on my company's Board of Directors. She is our Logistics Director and provides daily support of our three Minnesota business locations.

I met Pamela Rae in 2005 when my company opened minneNAPolis PowerNap Suites at the Mall of America. But, here is the thing. Sometimes, trying to create and build a completely new entrepreneurial business, it is necessary to work very long hours.

For the past three years, I have worked almost 24/7. I usually start my work day before 8 am, and often do not stop until after midnight, and frequently after 2 or 3 or 4 am, or later. Yes, I am an advocate and practitioner of PowerNaps, and they complement my average night's sleep of 3 - 5 hours.

It has never made sense to take the time to drive (sleepily) back to Eden Prairie, resulting in even less sleep time and endangering myself and others on the highway. That is why, for the six months we were at the Mall of America, I slept there, in one of my company's DreamSuites. Each morning, I would slip out to Bally's for a quick workout and shower. Then, back to work.

Our business failed at the Mall, mostly due to the fact that the mall did not have the traffic they promised (particularly on the third floor near Nordstroms) and that 72% of the people who did come there were from out of town, out of state, or out of the country. Even though more than 2,000 customers loved our services, most could not be repeat customers.

When we rose from the ashes and rebuilt our business in Uptown and then Downtown Minneapolis, it was necessary for me to work just as hard as ever, if not harder. Except for the occasional breaks, I continued the practice of catching a few hours of sleep at the stores most nights, and supplementing with PowerNaps.

Gavin, I have found that not being hung-up on conventionality and formality has enabled me to be more successful with my goals to be inventive and entrepreneurial. I would venture to say that such characteristics are not uncommon among those who choose the Independence Party for their political affiliation.

"Time flies". Yes, it does. And, it is true that over the last three months, Brad and I have not bumped into each other on any of my rare and brief comings-and-goings to my room at his home. Last night, is a perfect example.

We closed our stores after 11 pm. I had a late snack and worked on emails to our staff, and on building my campaign website, and dealt with the ever-present paperwork, then caught some of the late news rebroadcast. Around 3:30 am, I reached the point that I always reach, when I my eyes are going to close whether I have more work to do or not! Fortunately, I have a large comfortable chair in my office that tilts back. With my feet up on my desk, I am fast asleep in less than 20 seconds.

Two hours later, at 5:30 am, I am awake and starting this new day.

Spending a few more hours sleeping in my bed at Brad and Pamela's home will not make me a better citizen of the Township of Eden Prairie or better qualify me for representing the under-represented, most of whom, admittedly, do sleep at their legal residence more than I do.

On-the-other-hand, as a new member of the Eden Prairie business community, as an involved, hard-working, well-intended advocate for common sense answers, and creative approaches to the real problems that threaten the American dreams and ideals that we all share - freedom, justice, peace, equal opportunity, and more - I have every qualification and right to take part in our political system, in this case, as a candidate for the United States House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for taking my candidacy at least somewhat seriously as the issues that are dear to me are legitimate and noble causes that deserve to be included in our debates and decisions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will send a better photograph soon. For now, I have attached the one that serves as one of my inspirations and motivations.

Thank you for your involvement and efforts.

Steev


Steev RamsDell

Independence Party Candidate for
U.S. House of Representatives
Minnesota, District 3

Founder, Chairman, CEO
PowerNap Sleep Centers, Inc.
dba: San Mei Rejuvenation Centers
Downtown
415 First Avenue North, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55401
612-333-1510
Uptown
1014 West 27th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408
612-377-9997
www.SanMeiRejuvenation.com
SteevR@sanmeirejuvenation.com
Toll Free: 877-GET ZZZS (438-9997)
dba: 7 Heaven Oriental Spa
2229 West Hillsboro Boulevard
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
954-428-7771
www.7HeavenOrientalSpa.com

Opening Summer of 2008 in Eden Prairie, MN!

1 comment:

indivoyager@gmail.com said...

No direct and personal offense but what a bunch of B_ _ _ L S_ _ _ T !. 13 paragraphs to explain where he sleeps at night and still no answer. What is all the mystery about? So where does he sleep on a park bench? Why doesn’t he go home to his wife?
Wasn’t one of his spas busted for prostitution? This is in the internet. http://cbs4.com/local/Operation.Red.Light.2.776993.html

I just don’t get it. What is it with these politicians and there liberal dispensation of falsities and near truths. How can anyone survive on supposedly one hour of sleep a night and this from an owner of a sleep center? Has he discovered a way around sleep?

What about that address that no one has seen him at, not even the landlords? So why pay rent if you are not going to live in it? Is it a front? Why do politicians surround themselves in mystery?

Someone else mentioned in a blog that he is on YouTube doing massages. What’s up with DAT? A simple Google search of the businesses he owns reveals the standard fare as erotic massages. Hello?

Ed Kohler writes: “Interestingly, the office number for RamDell’s campaign is the same number one can use to book showgirls for exotic massage and dances.” http://www.thedeets.com/2008/08/29/san-mei-rejuvenation-candidate/


What really is most annoying, is the blaming of a failed business on tourist and on the mall for not providing “enough traffic” When are people (politicians especially) going to take responsibility for there actions? Is this what we want in Washington? There all alike. Just research these politicians. Read this blog. http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/nap_store_closing/


Perhaps they should read Keough, “The Ten Commandants for Business Failure”. Excerpt: "A company doesn't fail to do anything. Individuals do, and when you probe a bit you usually find that failure lies not in a litany of strategic mistakes - though they may all be present in one form or another - but the real fault lies, as Shakespeare noted, in ourselves, the leaders of the business. Businesses are the product and the extension of the personal characteristics of its leaders - the lengthened shadows of the men and women who run them. (Pages 8-9)

Politicians need to start taking responsibility. (Spitzer, Craig, Kilpatrick, Vitter, Stevens, McGreeve, Condit, Foley, etc.)

If you continually say that you have no time to campaign and didn’t expect to win, because of business dealings, then how are you going to represent the citizens of Minnesota? I work in Cottage Grove St. P and commute far but I’m home every night and I thought I was an insomniac. Gimme a break.

So many things just don’t add up. It’s just too much. indivoyager@gmail.com